This award is intended for junior faculty who are in the early stages of their careers; specifically, the Applicant may be the recipient of a career development (K) award or other mentored research award, but not a funded RO1 grant or equivalent at time of application.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Hold an MD, DO, PhD, or equivalent degree at time of award
- Be within 5 years of initial faculty appointment
- Be associated with an academic research institution in the United States or Canada at the time of application
- Have a strong career interest in cardiovascular disease
- Be able to devote at least 50% of professional time to research (versus administrative, patient care, or teaching responsibilities)
- Be able to complete the proposed research within the 2-year award period
An Applicant must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada or hold a temporary nonimmigrant visa. This visa must be valid for the two-year award period (January 2, 2021 – December 31, 2022).